NIO confirmed Oliver Turvey and Tom Dillmann for the upcoming ABB FIA Formula E Championship season while revealing its new Gen 2 car on Monday evening.
The Anglo-Chinese team made the announcements in a launch event at the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park in London.
Its new NIO 004 sports a teal and white livery and will make its race debut in the Season Five opener at Riyadh on Dec. 15.
As reported by e-racing365 last week, Dillmann has been the favorite to replace Luca Filippi at NIO for a while.
Dillmann, 29, made three race starts for Venturi at the end of last season and has a best result of fourth under his belt.
“I am delighted to be joining NIO,” he said. “We have had some good test days, developing our new car and building our relationship.
“I particularly enjoy the competitive and professional atmosphere within the team and I can’t wait to start this new and exciting era in Formula E with NIO.”
Turvey returns to the team for a fourth full season but has had limited testing with the Gen 2 car owing to a hand injury sustained at the New York City finale in July.
“I am delighted to be continuing to race for the NIO Formula E team, I would like to thank Gerry and everyone at NIO for their continued support,” he said.
“Over the past three seasons we have grown together as a team, improving each season, and I was proud to be able to take our first podium together in Mexico City last season.”