Jerome d’Ambrosio is confident of remaining in the ABB FIA Formula E Championship next season after scoring his best result in almost two years in Sunday’s Zurich E-Prix.
The Belgian took third position to score his first podium result since the Season Two finale at Battersea Park in July 2016.
E-racing365 revealed last month that d’Ambrosio is set to leave the team, with which he has taken part in every Formula E race, at the end of the current season.
D’Ambrosio is presently in talks with other teams as Dragon looks at potentially replacing him with test driver Maximilian Guenther.
“As a race driver, you just have to do your job no matter what is happening but for sure there are important moments not just for me but also for everyone at the team too,” d’Ambrosio told e-racing365.
“But obviously hopefully I can finalise something before New York, but we will see. At the moment I don’t know.
“Everyone knows what I can offer a team in this championship so I just have to work on getting something fixed and in place soon.”
D’Ambrosio touched on the recurring issues that have blighted Dragon’s form this season, including energy management concerns and a specific gearing issue.
“We have improved slightly over the last couple of races and we have shown we can be quick, so to reward the team with this podium feels really good,” he said.
“Here [at Zurich] with a lower energy target it was difficult but it is something that is not easy to manage and we just have to make steps forward, as we have been doing recently but we have had issues that have cost us a lot, that is obvious.”
Dragon is expected to announce its definitive Season Five driver lineup next month.