Ferrari junior driver Antonio Giovinazzi has completed the entry list for the Marrakesh rookie test on January 14.
The Italian will drive for DS Virgin alongside Joel Eriksson, who was announced by the team yesterday.
Giovinazzi missed out on an Alfa Romeo Sauber Formula 1 drive after the new-look team chose Charles Leclerc and Marcus Ericsson for its 2018 campaign. He will be an official reserve driver for Ferrari in 2018 and will test for Alfa Romeo Sauber.
The 24-year-old finished a close second to 2016 GP2 champion Pierre Gasly and prior to that had won races in both the European F3 and British F3 championships.
As well as driving for Sauber and Ferrari, the Italian has also taken part in official F1 sessions with the Ferrari-affiliated Haas F1 squad.
Along with Paul di Resta and Gary Paffett, Giovinazzi becomes the third current F1 test and simulator driver to be confirmed at the test next Sunday.
Nyck de Vries and Frederic Makowiecki will also run for Audi Sport ABT Schaeffler and Techeetah respectively. This pair already has extensive knowledge of the current Formula E car after playing instrumental roles in the initial test and development program in 2014.
It is expected that a pair of three hour sessions will be run on the day after the Marrakesh E-Prix which takes place on Jan 13.
Marrakesh Rookie Test – Final Entry List
1. Audi Sport ABT Schaeffler – Nyck de Vries (NDL)
2. DS Virgin Racing – Antonio Giovinazzi (ITA)
3. Panasonic Jaguar Racing – Pietro Fittipaldi (BRA)
4. Venturi Formula E Team – Michael Benyahia (MAR)
5. Venturi Formula E Team – Gary Paffett (GBR)
6. DRAGON – Maximilian Gunther (DEU)
7. DRAGON – Andrea Caldarelli (ITA)
8. Renault e.dams – Mitsunori Takaboshi (JPN)
9. Renault e.dams – Alexander Albon (THA)
16. NIO Formula E Team – Harry Tincknell (GBR)
18. TECHEETAH – James Rossiter (GBR)
19. Mahindra Racing – Daniel Juncadella (ESP)
20. Panasonic Jaguar Racing – Paul di Resta (GBR)
23. Mahindra Racing – Sam Dejonghe (BEL)
25. TECHEETAH – Frederic Makowiecki (FRA)
27. Andretti Formula E – Bruno Spengler (CAN)
28. Andretti Formula E – Colton Herta (USA)
36. DS Virgin Racing – Joel Eriksson (SWE)
66. Audi Sport ABT Schaeffler – Nico Muller (CHE)
68. NIO Formula E Team – Alexandre Imperatori (CHE)